Status: Full time
Reports to: Project Manager/Service Manager
Installs: various cable that includes but is not limited to: twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded cable, solid conductor low voltage cable, CAT-6, CAT-5, single mode fiber optical cable & multi mode fiber optical cable. Cable installation includes: placement, termination, testing, labeling & documentation.
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings).
- Install, terminate, test, label & document horizontal, backbone & other cables.
- Dress & route cable into telecom closets, modular furniture & other work area outlets.
- Build out telecom & equipment rooms.
- Fire-stop various types of cable penetrations.
- Test, troubleshoot, & document test results for cabling.
- Possess working knowledge of ANSI/TIA/EIA cabling standards & National Electric Code.
- Understands, adheres to, & promotes Environmental, Health & Safety policies.
- Report any project scope changes, issues, or concerns to assigned contacts.
Must have 2 to 5 years of experience in installation of cabling & electronic devices associated with:
- Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions.
- Must have ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables (to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi mode fiber optical cables).
- Must possess:
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record, clear criminal background, and be able to pass a drug test
- Equipment/Manufacturer specific certifications.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent. (Vocational/Technical/Business School strongly preferred.)
- Ability to read Blue Prints
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to follow written & verbal instructions.
- Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of power tools.
- Heavy physical effort (usually lifting/moving up to 100 pounds).
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts & roof tops utilizing proper fall protection.
- Carrying of loads up & down stairs.
- Must work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Technicians will be responsible for having and maintaining the following tools and any others that he/she may deem necessary to complete his/her assigned tasks:
- Flathead screwdrivers – 6”, 9”
- #1 and #2 Phillips screwdrivers
- Spudger (pick-tool)
- 9” Pliers
- Toner and Probe Set
- 9” torpedo level
- Cable Cutters
- Drywall saw
- Channel locks
- Adjustable wrench
- 25’ tape measure
- Punch tool with 110 & 66 blades
- Large tool bag
- Vise Grips
- 3/8” Socket Set
- 100’ Fish Tape
- Mod-Tap test unit
- 10 in 1 Screwdriver
- Cordless Drill
NOTE: The requirements listed above must be met by an employee to successfully perform each duty and each function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.