Status: Full time
Wage Range: $17-$22/hour (Subject to change based on market conditions)
Reports to: Project Manager or Operations Manager
Oversees Installation and Installs: various cables that includes but is not limited to: twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded cable, solid conductor low voltage cable, CAT-6, CAT-5, single mode fiber optical cable & multi mode fiber optical cable. Cable installation includes: placement, termination, testing, labeling & documentation.
- Train, direct, and oversee technicians on installation, safety, and maintenance methods/procedures, as required to perform all activities defined in the SoW safely, with quality, on time and efficiently. Identify and escalate any new or high risk activities as needed to get additional support.
- Understand, apply and enforce Premiere/customer provided environmental, health & safety policies.
- In conjunction with other Lead Technicians provide regular feedback and development recommendations on members of the field team.
- Effectively utilize tools provided by Premiere to include but not limited to:
- Order Package – (Standard contents)
- SSP (Emphasis on SoW, Schedule, Dependencies and budget)
- Network Diagram
- QA checklist/Punch List
- Closing package – (Standard contents)
- Communicate effectively with clients, management, and coworkers.
- Recognize and assess the impact of site/scope changes on a real time basis. Escalate issues that will significantly impact the scope, resources and schedule
- Provide timely status reports to internal/external contacts as required.
- Apply the RFC/FCO process as needed for scope changes.
- Provide support for client contacts & technicians as needed.
- Meet with client’s to determine satisfaction and areas of improvement.
- Must have 4 to 7 years of experience in installation of cabling & electronic devices associated with:
- Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of ANSI/TIA/EIA cabling standards & National Electric Code.
- Proven ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables (to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi mode fiber optical cables).
- Must possess:
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record, clear criminal background, and be able to pass a drug test
- Equipment/Manufacturer specific certifications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. (Vocational/Technical/Business school strongly preferred.)
- Ability to read Blue Prints
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to follow written & verbal instructions including schedules.
- Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
- At least one industry certification (i.e. BICSI, CISCO, CTO, TIA, FOA etc.) or ability to acquire within 1 year from date of hire.
- Multiple manufacturer certifications.
- Use of hand and power tools.
- Heavy physical effort (lifting/moving up to 100 pounds).
- Use of Premiere provided Job management tools.
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds.
- Ability to work from heights and utilize man lifts, scissor lifts & roof tops with proper fall protection/prevention.
- May be required to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
Technicians will be responsible for having and maintaining the following tools and any others that he/she may deem necessary to complete his/her assigned tasks:
- Flathead screwdrivers – 6”, 9”
- #1 and #2 Phillips screwdrivers
- Spudger (pick-tool)
- 9” Pliers
- Toner and Probe Set
- 9” torpedo level
- Drywall saw
- Channel locks
- Adjustable wrench
- 9” Cable cutters
- Mod-tap/Wire map tester
- 25’ tape measure
- 3/8” Socket set
- Electricians Snips
- 200’ fish tape
- 10 in 1 – Screwdriver
- 18v Cordless drill
- Caulk gun
- Punch tool with 110 & 66 blades
- Drill Bit Set
- Push Pole/Glow Rods
- Large tool bag
NOTE: The requirements listed above must be met by an employee to successfully perform each duty and each function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.