Voice / Data Technician (Raleigh, NC)
Installs various cable types that include but are not limited to: twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded cable, solid conductor low voltage cable, CAT-6, CAT-5, single mode fiber optical cable & multi mode fiber optical cable. Cable installation includes: placement, termination, testing, labeling & documentation.
- Install cable pathway systems (cable trays, cable racks, J-hooks or D-rings).
- Install, terminate, test, label & document horizontal, backbone & other cables.
- Dress & route cable into telecom closets, modular furniture & other work area outlets.
- Build out telecom & equipment rooms.
- Firestop various types of cable penetrations.
- Test, troubleshoot, & document test results for cabling.
- Possess working knowledge of ANSI/TIA/EIA cabling standards & National Electric Code.
- Understands, adheres to, & promotes Environmental, Health & Safety policies.
- Conduct job site surveys (including visual inspections, problem identification, etc.).
- Interface with customer contacts on projects & work orders.
- Interface with end user & coordinate with other vendors for each project when required by customer.
- Provide technical support for customer contacts & technicians on request.
- Attend project planning & progress meetings with or without customer contacts assigned.
- Report any project scope changes, issues, or concerns to assigned contacts Provide project budgets through bid & quote process.
- Perform/prepare timely field reporting of asset usage as required.
- Must have 3 to 5 years of experience in installation of cabling & electronic devices associated with: Telecom Systems, TCP/IP Networks, CCTV Security, Access control & Wireless Solutions.
- Must have ability to install, terminate & test low voltage cables & fiber optical cables (to include twisted pair cable, coax, power limited tray cable, stranded & solid conductor low voltage cable, single mode & multi mode fiber optical cables).
- A High School Diploma or equivalent. (Vocational/Technical/Business School strongly preferred.)
- Ability to read Blue Prints
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to follow written & verbal instructions.
- Desire to become proficient & increase profitability.
- Ability to train and manage three or more subordinates.
- Comprehension of terminology pertaining to installation & service of telecom, data, security & wireless systems.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have a clean driving record, background, and be able to pass a drug test.
WORK REQUIREMENTS/ CONDITIONS:
- Use of small hand tools.
- Use of power tools
- Heavy physical effort (usually lifting/moving up to 100 pounds)
- Climbing of stairs, ladders, and/or scaffolds
- Ability to work from heights such as man lifts, scissor lifts & roof tops utilizing proper fall protection.
- Carrying of loads up & down stairs.
- Must work outdoors in all weather conditions.
Compensation: $10.00 - $19.00/hr (depending on experience)
Qualified candidates should send their resumes to: email@example.com
(No recruiters please)